Posted on March 16 2016
The tactile sensation of comfortable fabric is like the taste sensation of comfort food. A blanket that improves your comfort translates into a better night’s sleep. When you are physically comfortable, so follows the quality of your rest. Behind the comfort of a blanket or throw is the alchemy of texture, weight, and construction. We believe that begins with natural fibers that perform when in use. Cotton: soft against the skin, Linen: the fiber that breathes well in humid weather, and Wool: the fiber that warms. The fabrics you choose for personal use should be as comfortable as the clothes you chose to wear.
Take comfort with Brahms Mount these 5 ways:
- Use our 100% Linen Towels after a sauna, or when you want the breathability, moisture absorbency, and anti-microbial benefit, as only provided by this plant fiber. Beyond the technical properties are the tactile aspects that are the defining qualities: great drape and luxurious hand. This defines comfort.
- Relax with a Linen/Cotton Throw after Yoga, one that is long enough to cover head to toe. The combination of fibers is comforting and gentle after the movement of the exercise and stillness of meditation. The length guarantees that you will not be shifting around to maintain coverage. This detail results in uninterrupted comfort and improves the experience.
- A Cotton Throw over your lap is like a favorite cotton sweater. You may not be cold, but you want the weight and comfort of that thicker cotton fabric over your legs. The cotton fiber itself personifies comfort. It moves, is absorbent, and is incredibly comforting to the touch. Understanding the comfort of a knit cotton sweater informed us when we designed the first woven, four-season Cotton Blanket over 30 years ago.
- Learn to combine color with atmosphere. Find your quiet moments with a white Chevron blanket, in a room painted a soft color, bathed in the quiet of gentle music. If you like aromatherapy, put a few drops of Lavender essential oil in a diffuser. Comfort is a combination of technologies singing together harmoniously. What we feel is the experience.
- Snuggled under the stars of a blue, Textured Stripe, Cotton/Alpaca Throw is total surrender. It is thought that the color blue has a calming effect on the mind. Combined with the smooth hand of the Alpaca yarn, the fabric against you is at once, meant to be. This throw weaves color, pattern, warmth, volume, and desirability into one big comfort zone!
- Merino Wool is smooth, creamy, and comforting - comfort food for the body. The softness of this wool fiber is a direct contributor to our comfort. The fiber is suitable year round as it has properties that adapt to changes in humidity. Enjoy full body contact with this incredible natural fiber.